Founded in 1898, Northeastern University is an elite top 50 US university with approximately 20,000 students located in the heart of Boston, America’s most popular college town, and a second campus in beautiful Seattle.
View the information below to find out more about the Global Pathways Program or visit the Global Pathways at Northeastern University website.
The University offers a comprehensive range of highly ranked bachelor’s degrees and master’s programs. Northeastern University is famous for integrating work experience into all degrees through one of the oldest and most highly recognized Internship/Co-op programs among all US universities.
Northeastern University Global Pathways Programs:
International students can qualify for degree entry at this highly ranked private university through one of these pathways:
- Bachelor’s degree pathway (Boston)
- Fast-track bachelor’s completion pathway (Boston)
- Graduate Master’s degree pathway (Boston or Seattle)
Northeastern University’s Boston Campus
Boston is America’s college town, with over 350,000 students at over 50 local universities. Northeastern’s campus is located in the center of the city and is the largest campus in the city of Boston.
The campus has excellent public transportation links, but it is also easy to explore Boston’s rich history and academic culture on foot – visit museums, historic sites, and some of the best educational institutions in America. New York City, Canada, and the beaches of the Atlantic coast can be reached in 2-3 hours.
Northeastern University’s Seattle Campus
Located on the west coast of the USA, Northeastern University’s Seattle Graduate Campus opened in January 2013, and offers students a range of industry-aligned master’s degrees.
Conveniently located in the South Lake Union neighbourhood, home to a wide variety of tech companies and innovative businesses, the Seattle campus is a great location for students looking to gain valuable employment opportunities.
Northeastern University Global Pathways Program
The Northeastern University Pathways Program is your first step toward earning a bachelor’s and/or master’s degree from a top ranked US University. Pathways students will take part in college level English preparation courses while completing university academic coursework taught by Northeastern University faculty. Upon successful completion of your Global Pathways Program, you will matriculate to your target degree course.
Students enter through Pathways on a 4-12 month program at Northeastern University in Boston, before progressing to the 2nd semester of the university bachelor’s degree.
- Over 35 different bachelor’s degree options including majors in the fields of art, media, design, humanities, social science, engineering, life science, business administration, criminal justice, computer science and more
- Pathways courses include 12-16 undergraduate degree credits
Students enter through Pathways on a 4-8 month program at Northeastern University in Boston or Seattle, before progressing to a master’s degree at the same campus.
- Many top ranked graduate degrees in MBA, MS Finance, MS Engineering, MS Biotechnology, MS Computer Science, and more
- Pathways courses include GRE / GMAT Test prep where necessary
- Fast track 12-18 month master’s degrees available through the College of Professional Studies in both Boston and Seattle.
- The Seattle campus offers students the chance to earn between 3 – 8 credits during their pathway. These credits count towards a Master’s in Commerce and Economic Development or a Master’s in Project Management.
Students enter into a fast track 18-21 month course to graduate with a bachelor’s degree, plus the option to continue onto a 1 year master’s degree in Northeastern’s College of Professional studies.
- Bachelor’s of Science in Leadership in just 18 months. No pre-requisite;
- Bachelor’s of Science in Finance & Accounting Management (AACSB certified) in just 21 months. Pre-requisite of college level Algebra and some college mathematics experience;
- 2+1.5 to a BS degree, or 2+2.5 to a MS degree!
Why study at Northeastern University?
A Top Ranked American University!
- Ranked 49th Best National University (US News & World Report, 2014)
- Ranked 1st for Best Internships/Career Services (Princeton Review)
- Ranked 1st for Best Co-ops/Internships (U.S. News and World Report)
- Ranked #2 in “Best up-and-coming” university in the USA (US News & World Report)
- Ranked #4 in “America’s Most Entrepreneurial Campuses” (Forbes)
- Graded A+ for Job Placement (BusinessWeek)
- Over 100 years old, Northeastern started the first Co-op course of its kind.
- Get up to 18 months of work experience between your studies.
- Over 6,000 Co-op job placements per year and over 2500 employers in 160 cities and over 86 countries. Northeastern University co-op students can work anywhere in the world and do their co-op with great companies like Apple, Google, General Electric, HSBC, Novartis, Procter & Gamble, and the US White House.
- Read more about Northeastern’s experiential learning
Northeastern University’s Co-Op and Job Placement Course!
- Ranked #1 on the list of Best Internship/Career Service courses by Princeton Review.
- Northeastern’s Co-op course gives students the opportunity to alternate semesters of classroom study with up to 18 months of full time professional work experience.
- Co-Op placements are with some of the best companies and institutions in the world, including Google, Apple, General Electric, HSBC, Novartis, Procter & Gamble, and even the US White House.
- 51% of 2012 graduates received a job offer from a previous co-op employer
- 90% of graduates from 2006-2012 were employed full time or enrolled in graduate school within 9 months of graduation
As a Northeastern University Pathways student, you’ll have the following options to choose from for housing:
Off Campus Student Residence Halls in Boston:
- INTERNATIONAL GUEST HOUSE: Live with other students in the fashionable Back Bay area. Fully furnished shared room / semi-private bath. Breakfast and dinner daily. Steps to the subway. 15-20 minutes to campus.
- SBS GUEST HOUSE: Live within walking distance of Northeastern University. Close to the Prudential Center & Copley Place. Shared bedrooms / shared bath. No meals included but refrigerator and microwave available.
- ESL TOWNHOUSE: Fully furnished apartment. Single or twin room. No meals included but fully equipped kitchen available. Wi-fi internet access. 10-minute walk to campus.
- BEACON HILL LODGING: Live near Faneuil Hall and Quincy Market. Private furnished room / shared bath. No meals included but a mini refrigerator and microwave are available. Near subways. 25 minutes to campus.
Live with a local Host Family in Boston or Seattle:
- HOMESTAY: Live with a local host. Practice your English and experience American culture. Fully furnished private room / shared bath. Study space and internet access. Breakfast and dinner daily. Near public transportation. 30–60 minutes to campus.
“I oversee the day-to-day operation of the Global Pathways program including admission, student services, and recruitment of international students.”
Nicole Fadavi - Director, Global Pathways
“I organize international student orientation, as well as activities and events through the semester to integrate our students into the University and the city of Boston.”
Brandon Bachner - Campus Manager, Northeastern University
“My role is to help Chinese students with their application process and provide resources for students to enjoy, and get the most out of their study in Boston.”
Yuan Li - Sales and Student Advisor (China), Northeastern University
“I help students with their admission to the University – from initial inquiries, to processing their application, to providing them with the happy news that they’ve been accepted!”
Therese Wahler - Sales and Student Advisor, Northeastern University
“My responsibilities include helping students through the US student visa process, and transferring from one university to another.”
Giscard Dimanche - International Admissions Specialist, Northeastern University