Founded in 1898, Northeastern University is a private research university with approximately 20,000 students located in the heart of Boston, America’s most popular college town.
View the information below to find out more about the Global Pathways Program or visit the Global Pathways at Northeastern University website.
The University offers a comprehensive range of highly ranked undergraduate bachelor’s degree and postgraduate master’s degree courses. Northeastern University is also famous for its experiential learning course through one of the oldest and most highly recognized Internship / Co-op courses among all U.S. universities.
Northeastern University Global Pathways Courses:
Global Pathways students can enter a degree at this highly ranked private university in Boston through the following Pathways courses:
Northeastern University Global Pathways Courses
The Northeastern University Pathways course is your first step toward earning a bachelor’s and /or master’s degree from a top-ranked U.S. University. Pathways students will take part in college-level English preparation courses while completing university academic coursework taught by Northeastern University faculty staff. Upon successful completion of your Global Pathways course, you will matriculate to your chosen degree course.
International students undertake a 1-3 term course at Northeastern University, before progressing to the 2nd semester of their chosen bachelor’s degree.
- Over 35 different bachelor’s degree options, including majors in the fields of art, media, design, humanities, social science, engineering, life science, business administration, criminal justice, computer science and more
- Pathways courses offer 12-16 undergraduate degree credits
Students enter a 1-2 term course at NU, before progressing to their chosen master’s degree at the University.
- Many top-ranked graduate school courses including degrees in MBA, MS Finance, MS Engineering, MS Biotechnology, MS Computer Science, and more
- Pathways courses include GRE / GMAT Test prep where necessary
- Fast-track master’s course available through the College of Professional Studies.
Students enter a fast-track 18-21 month course to graduate with a bachelor’s degree. The course includes the option to continue onto a 1 year master’s degree in Northeastern’s College of Professional studies.
- Bachelor’s of Science in Leadership in just 18 months. No pre-requisite;
- Bachelor’s of Science in Finance & Accounting Management (AACSB certified) in just 21 months. college-level algebra and some college mathematics experience are required for this course;
- 2+1.5 to a BS degree, or 2+2.5 to a MS degree!
Highlights & Ranking
Why study at Northeastern University?
A Top-Ranked American University!
- Ranked 1st for best internships/career services (Princeton Review)
- Ranked 49th for best U.S. national university (U.S. News and World Report)
- Ranked 3rd most up and coming U.S. national university (U.S. News and World Report)
- Graded A+ for job placement (BusinessWeek)
- Over 100 years old – Northeastern started the first Co-op course of its kind.
- Get up to 18 months of work experience between your studies.
- Over 6,000 co-op job placements per year and over 2500 employers in 160 cities and over 86 countries. NU co-op students can work anywhere in the world and do their co-op with great companies like Apple, Google, General Electric, HSBC, Novartis, Procter & Gamble, and the US White House.
- Read more about Northeastern’s experiential learning
Boston is a Great Location!
- Boston is America’s college town with over 350,000 students at over 50 local universities.
- Northeastern’s campus is located in the city center and is the largest campus in Boston.
- Excellent public transportation, with main sites sights and entertainment options within easy walking distance.
- Rich in history and academic culture. Boston boasts excellent museums, historic sites, and some of the best educational institutions.
- Lots of entertainment and one of America’s best sports towns with the Boston Celtics, Boston Red Sox, Boston Bruins and New England Patriots.
- Close to other major U.S. destinations, including New York City, Canada, and the beaches of the Atlantic coast.
Northeastern University’s Co-Op and Job Placement Course!
- Ranked #1 on the list of Best Internship/Career Service courses by Princeton Review.
- Northeastern’s Co-op course gives students the opportunity to alternate semesters of classroom study with up to 18 months of full-time professional work experience.
- Co-Op placements are with some of the best companies and institutions in the world, including Google, Apple, General Electric, HSBC, Novartis, Procter & Gamble, and even the US White House.
As a Northeastern University Pathways student, you’ll have the following excellent housing options:
Off-Campus Student Residence Halls in Boston:
- INTERNATIONAL GUEST HOUSE: Live with other students in the fashionable Back Bay area. Fully furnished shared room / semi-private bath. Breakfast and dinner daily. Steps to the subway. 15-20 minutes to campus.
- SBS GUEST HOUSE: Live within walking distance of Northeastern University. Close to the Prudential Center & Copley Place. Shared bedrooms / shared bath. No meals included but refrigerator and microwave available.
- ESL TOWNHOUSE: Fully furnished apartment. Single or twin room. No meals included but fully equipped kitchen available. Wi-fi internet access. 10-minute walk to campus.
- BEACON HILL LODGING: Live near Faneuil Hall and Quincy Market. Private furnished room / shared bath. No meals included but a mini refrigerator and microwave are available. Near subways. 25 minutes to campus.
Live with a Local Host Family in Boston:
- HOMESTAY: Live with a local host. Practise your English and experience American culture. Fully furnished private room / shared bath. Study space and internet access. Breakfast and dinner daily. Near public transportation. 30–60 minutes to campus.