Founded in 1898, Northeastern University is an elite top 50 US university with approximately 20,000 students located in the heart of Boston, America’s most popular college town, and a second campus in beautiful Seattle.
View the information below to find out more about the Global Pathways Program or visit the Global Pathways at Northeastern University website.
Northeastern University offers a comprehensive range of highly ranked bachelor’s degrees and master’s programs, as well as one of the oldest and most highly recognized internship/co-op programs in the United States.
Northeastern University Global Pathways Programs:
International students can qualify for degree entry at this highly ranked private university through one of these pathways:
- Fast-track bachelor’s completion pathway (Boston)
- Bachelor’s degree pathway (Boston)
- Graduate Master’s degree pathway (Boston or Seattle)
Northeastern University’s Boston Campus
Northeastern’s campus is located in the center of Boston, America’s college town, with excellent public transportation links. It is also easy to explore Boston’s rich history and academic culture on foot – museums, historic sites, and some of the best educational institutions in America.
Northeastern University’s Seattle Campus
Conveniently located in the South Lake Union neighbourhood, home to a wide variety of tech companies and innovative businesses, the Seattle campus is a great location for graduate students looking to gain valuable employment opportunities.
Northeastern University Global Pathways Program
The Northeastern University Pathways Program is your first step toward earning a bachelor’s or master’s degree from a top ranked US University. Pathways students receive English preparation while completing university academic coursework. Upon successful completion of your Global Pathways Program, you will matriculate to your target degree program.
Enter into a fast-track program to graduate with a bachelor’s degree, with the option to continue on to a 1 year master’s degree in Northeastern’s College of Professional Studies.
- Bachelor of Science in Leadership in just 18 months
- Bachelor of Science in Finance & Accounting Management (AACSB certified) in just 21 months
- 2+1.5 to a BS degree, or 2+2.5 to a MS degree!
Enter through a 4-12 month Pathways program before progressing to the 2nd semester of a Northeastern University bachelor’s degree.
- Over 35 different bachelor’s degree options
- Pathways courses include 12-16 undergraduate degree credits
Enter through a 4-8 month Pathways program in Boston or Seattle, before progressing to a master’s degree at the same campus.
- Many top-ranked graduate degrees in MBA, MS Finance, MS Engineering, MS Biotechnology, MS Computer Science, and more
- Fast track 12-18 month master’s degrees in both Boston and Seattle
- Earn 3-8 credits toward your degree in Seattle campus programs
Why study at Northeastern University?
A Top Ranked American University!
- Ranked 42nd Best National University (US News & World Report, 2014)
- Ranked 1st for Best Internships/Career Services (Princeton Review)
- Ranked 1st for Best Co-ops/Internships (U.S. News and World Report)
- Ranked #4 in “Best up-and-coming” university in the USA (US News & World Report)
- Ranked #4 in “America’s Most Entrepreneurial Campuses” (Forbes)
- Graded A+ for Job Placement (BusinessWeek)
- Over 100 years old, Northeastern started the first Co-op course of its kind.
- Get up to 18 months of work experience between your studies.
- Over 6,000 Co-op job placements per year and over 2500 employers in 160 cities and over 86 countries. Northeastern University co-op students can work anywhere in the world and do their co-op with great companies like Apple, Google, General Electric, HSBC, Novartis, Procter & Gamble, and the US White House.
- Read more about Northeastern’s experiential learning
Northeastern University’s Co-Op and Job Placement Course!
- Ranked #1 on the list of Best Internship/Career Service courses by Princeton Review.
- Northeastern’s Co-op course gives students the opportunity to alternate semesters of classroom study with up to 18 months of full time professional work experience.
- Co-Op placements are with some of the best companies and institutions in the world, including Google, Apple, General Electric, HSBC, Novartis, Procter & Gamble, and even the US White House.
- 51% of 2012 graduates received a job offer from a previous co-op employer
- 90% of graduates from 2006-2012 were employed full time or enrolled in graduate school within 9 months of graduation
As a Northeastern University Pathways student, you’ll have the following options to choose from for housing:
Off Campus Student Residence Halls in Boston:
- INTERNATIONAL GUEST HOUSE: Live with other students in the fashionable Back Bay area. Fully furnished shared room / semi-private bath. Breakfast and dinner daily. Steps to the subway. 15-20 minutes to campus.
- SBS GUEST HOUSE: Live within walking distance of Northeastern University. Close to the Prudential Center & Copley Place. Shared bedrooms / shared bath. No meals included but refrigerator and microwave available.
- ESL TOWNHOUSE: Fully furnished apartment. Single or twin room. No meals included but fully equipped kitchen available. Wi-fi internet access. 10-minute walk to campus.
- BEACON HILL LODGING: Live near Faneuil Hall and Quincy Market. Private furnished room / shared bath. No meals included but a mini refrigerator and microwave are available. Near subways. 25 minutes to campus.
Live with a local Host Family in Boston or Seattle:
- HOMESTAY: Live with a local host. Practice your English and experience American culture. Fully furnished private room / shared bath. Study space and internet access. Breakfast and dinner daily. Near public transportation. 30–60 minutes to campus.
“I organize international student orientation, as well as activities and events through the semester to integrate our students into the University and the city of Boston.”
Brandon Bachner - Campus Manager, Northeastern University
“My role is to help Chinese students with their application process and provide resources for students to enjoy, and get the most out of their study in Boston.”
Yuan Li - Sales and Student Advisor (China), Northeastern University
“I help students with their admission to the University – from initial inquiries, to processing their application, to providing them with the happy news that they’ve been accepted!”
Therese Wahler - Sales and Student Advisor, Northeastern University