For more than 100 years, the nationally-ranked Pace University has provided education that combines exceptional academics with professional experience. Its students have an open door to all the advantages of studying, working, and living in New York City.
About Pace University
Well-known and highly respected, Pace University is a private, metropolitan university that offers bachelor’s and master’s degrees in the Lubin School of Business, Dyson College of Arts and Sciences, Seidenberg School of Computer Science and Information Systems, College of Health Professions, and School of Education.
- Established: 1906
- Type: Tier 1 Private University
- Student Population: Undergraduate 8,694, Graduate 4,163
- International Student Population: 1,800
- Areas of Strength: Accounting, Biology, Chemistry, Communications, Computer Science, Economics, Finance, Information Systems, International Management, Marketing, Psychology
Outstanding career preparation
Pace University is committed to preparing students from all over the globe for a successful career. Located in the heart of New York City, Pace’s international students have unparalleled opportunities for networking. The University’s internship program is one of the largest among universities in the New York metropolitan area.
- Each year, 900+ Pace students work in internships with over 500 employers.
- 79% of international students in the class of 2013 reported full-time professional employment within one year of graduation.
New York: One of the biggest and best cities in the world
Pace University’s New York City campus is directly adjacent to the Manhattan entrance ramp of the Brooklyn Bridge and across from New York City Hall. Pace is also within walking distance of world-famous sites, including:
- Wall Street
- Freedom Tower
- World Financial Center
- South Street Seaport
Students are just a short subway or boat ride away from all the other New York City landmarks, including:
- Times Square
- Empire State Building
- Statue of Liberty
- Ellis Island
- Central Park
- Brooklyn Heights
International student pathways to Pace University
Global Pathways is your first step to earning a bachelor’s and/or master’s degree from Pace University. International students are advised on the best route to success at this top-ranked US university, and options depend on a student’s education level, academic grades, and English proficiency.
Students with an English language score below the bachelor’s entry requirement can start with the Global Pathways program at Pace University in New York City.
- 4–12 month pathway program
- English and academic skills classes combined with university courses taught by University faculty
- Earn 7-17 undergraduate credits, which are transferred into a bachelor’s degree (join in Year 1 semester 2, or with Advanced Freshman status in semester 1)
- On successful completion, choose from over 45 bachelor’s degrees, including Accounting, Biology, Chemistry, Communications, Computer Science, Environmental Science, Finance, Hospitality & Tourism, International Management, Marketing, Psychology, and more
Students who need to improve their English level to meet master’s entry criteria can first study this pathway program at Pace University in New York City.
- 4–12 month pathway program
- Earn 3-11 graduate credits, which are transferred into a master’s degree
- Progression options include top-ranked MBA, MS, MA, and MPA degrees in Business, Accounting, Computer Science, Environmental Science, Finance, Information Systems, Investment Management, Human Resources, Media & Communication Arts, Government, Software Engineering, and more
International students who meet all the English and academic requirements for a degree at Pace University can apply for direct entry to:
- Bachelor’s degree programs (opens in a new tab on Pace’s International website)
- Master’s degree programs (opens in a new tab on Pace’s International website)
Why study at Pace University?
A nationally ranked University in New York City!
- Business school with AACSB accreditation for both business and accounting. Only the top 2% of Business Schools worldwide have this dual accreditation
- 79% of international students in the class of 2013 reported full-time professional employment within one year of graduation
- One of the Top 20 “Colleges That Will Make You Rich” by Forbes Magazine
- One of the Top 50 “US Colleges with Highest Salary Potential for Graduates” by BusinessWeek Magazine
- Pace’s Lubin School of Business is named among the Best Business Schools in the USA (U.S. News & World Report, 2015)
- Ranked #180 national university in the USA (U.S. News & World Report, 2016)
- Ranked top 15% of universities in the USA for return on investment, based on total cost of a degree and alumni earnings (Payscale.com, 2016)
- Pace University has been named among the “Best in the Northeast” colleges (Princeton Review, 2016)
- 7 MBA and MS programs ranked in the Top 40 Best Master’s in USA (Eduniversal, 2014)
Employers who have hired Pace international student interns
64% of all Pace international students who were eligible did an internship in 2014, as part of Pace’s large and innovative internship program.
The list of employers includes:
- Goldman Sachs
- Ernst & Young
- Madison Square Garden
- Disney ABC Television
- Deutsch Bank
- Morgan Stanley
- Societe Generale
- Bank of NY Mellon
- Warner Music
- United Nations
Pace University alumni
Pace University boasts an impressive network of influential alumni in business:
- Ivan G. Seidenberg – former Chairman and CEO, Verizon – Pace University’s “Seidenberg School of Computer Science & Information Systems” is named for his service as a trustee.
- Philip Bleser – CEO, Global Corporate Bank – North American, JPMorgan Chase & Co.
- William C. Nelson – Chairman of HBO
- Frank A. Calderoni – EVP & CFO, Cisco System, Inc.
- Paula L. Summa – General Manager/Inside Sales at IBM
- Melvin Karmazin – former CEO of Sirius Satellite Radio
- Joseph Ianniello – Chief Operating Officer, CBS, Inc.
- MaryAnn Fappiano – Managing Director/Human Capital Management Practice Lead, Gartland & Mellina Group
- William D. McGrath – Group VP – Operations at Time-Warner Cable and Chief Information Officer of AOL
- Jane Lewis-Corwin – New York State Assemblywoman
- Colin S. Tam – CEO, AEI Asia
- Jose Luis Castro – Interim Executive Director of Finance & Development, International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease
Student life at Pace University
Pace University students are offered a variety of safe, secure and comfortable residences that allow them to focus on their studies in a sociable and relaxed environment. Accommodations include university residence halls, private off-campus apartments and even homestays with local families.
Read more about student housing options at Pace University.
Pace University’s on-campus dining hall, Café 101, serves top-quality foods ranging from burgers to sushi to fresh fruit. An in-house Starbucks helps to fuel students before lectures or study sessions in the library. Being in lower Manhattan, Pace students have access to neighborhood dining options ranging from fast food to fine dining. Several even accept Pace OneCard Flex Dollars as payment and even more offer discounts to Pace students.
As a Pace student, you will have the opportunity to dive into your choice of student clubs and organizations, participate in athletics, and attend incredible performances without even having to leave campus. Here are is sampling of some of the available options.
Student Clubs and Organizations
- Association of Latin Professionals in Finance & Accounting (ALPFA)
- Hospitality and Tourism Association (HATA)
- Institution for Management Accountants (IMA)
- Interactive and Direct Marketing Lab (IDM)
- Pace Advertising Club
- Pace Finance Club
- Pace Investment Club
- Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)
- Women in Corporate America (WICA)
- Beta Beta Bata, National Biological Honor Society
- Chemistry Club
- Criminal Justice Society
- Health Pre-Professional Society
- Pace Computing Society
- Pace Public Relations Club
- Psychology Club
- Public Relations, Editors and Producers (P.R.E.P.)
- Black Student Union (BSU)
- Caribbean Student Association (CSA)
- Christian Fellowship at Pace
- Desi Heritage of Southeast Asia (DHOSA)
- Gay Straight Alliance (GSA)
- International Student Club
- Muslim Student Association
- Organization of Latin American Students (OLAS)
- SAMOSA (South Asian Multi Oriented Students Association)
- Shakti Dance Team
- United Chinese Student Association
- The Pace Press
- WPUB Radio
- POP TV
- Aphros Literary Magazine
- P.A.C.E. Board
- Glee Club
- Stand Up Productions student non-for-profit theater company
- Pace Step Team
- Model UN
- Oxfam America at Pace
Pace University’s men’s and women’s teams compete in NCAA Division II athletics within the Northeast 10 Conference. Cheering for the Pace Setters at home or away games is a fun way for students to share in Pace’s school spirit! Informal intramural sports leagues also provide for fierce on-campus athletic competition.
- Long Distance Running
- American Football
- Swimming and Diving
- Long Distance Running
- Field Hockey
- Swimming and Diving
- Spirit Dance Team
- Beach Volleyball
- Indoor Flag Football
- Indoor Soccer
- Team Handball
Pace University’s academic calendar is filled with on-campus opportunities to catch top-notch theater and dance performances produced by the Performing Arts Department; attend a taping of the famous Bravo TV show Inside the Actor’s Studio; and witness internationally-acclaimed talent at the University’s downtown cultural hub, The Schimmel Center.
“I oversee and maintain the daily operations of the Global Pathways Program at Pace University, ensuring that students are provided with a quality program in every aspect. We give them the foundation for success.”
Catrillia Young – Director, Global Pathways, Pace University
“I help with application processing and student services for Global Pathways. I also lead Brooklyn Public Library conversation groups for adults looking to practice and improve on their English.”
Vivienne Beshay – International Admissions Advisor, Pace University
“As part of the New York City campus team, I am one of the first people to help students when they visit the Global Pathways office. I foster international students’ independence and academic achievements through strategic planning, engagement and guidance.”
Ashley Monaghan – Operations Coordinator, Pace University
|Are you an Accepted Student? Join our staff for a Global Pathways Webinar to learn helpful pre-arrival information!|